Outreach Counselling for Women
The Women’s Community Counselor provides services to women in the community who wish to establish violence-free lives. She works to help women identify the community supports they need and to connect them with these supports.
- One to one counselling for women planning to leave or who have left an abusive situation.
- Transitional Plans that may include: priority issues, hopes and dreams, identified goals, and how to achieve those goals.
- Safety Plans for both the woman and her children in the community, at home, at work, or at school. Safety plans may include cell phones for former residents of the shelter and house alarms.
- Court Support: this includes both family and criminal court.
- Advocacy with other community agencies.
Outreach Counselling for Children
For boys and girls 4-18 years of age who have been exposed to or witnessed violence or abuse. Our Children’s Outreach Counselor offers individual counselling and groups in the City of Kingston and communities in Frontenac County. Participants need to be living in a safe situation, away from the abuser.
Groups for Children and Youth
Groups provide children and youth with the opportunity to process and understand the violence and abuse that they have been exposed to. Groups help children and youth:
- Identify and express their feelings about violence, separation, shame, guilt and/or loss.
- Develop new ways of solving problems.
- Make safe choices for personal safety.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL